Sunday, February 3, 2008

Perfect Pinwheel

Maybe not perfect but I am pretty pleased. I don't really "do" circular knitting so this is a big achievement. I said earlier this was more about the making than anything (since we live in a warm & humid climate). I've blogged my modifications and measurements since I wasn't doing this in the yarn/needles recommended. So yay - its done, its pretty (and pretty good) and it fits N2y and M6mth. Cool huh!! Realistically though, little miss unco-operative is probably not going to wear this (I did manage to nab a pic of her before she pulled it off though) and it will be for M to wear this winter, and the winters to come. I ummmed and aaahed over the ribbing on the sleeves but I am glad I did rib now as it will help to keep it on and it means it looks OK rolled over for M and unrolled for N. I think garter st (like the edging border) would look better but might not be so functional for more than one wearer.

Anyway.....here it is modelled by my gorgeous girls

N2: wearing it longer style
P2040014
And bolero/shorter style
P2040019

The shorter style fits her better as there is more space between the sleeves.

Thats the beauty of this design...you can wear it both ways so should last for ages and get tons of use.

And on M6m ...

Longer style (much nicer fit wise)

P2040024

P2040023

P2040027

And the shorter way which makes a hood on smaller kiddies
P2040029

P2040028

And one just so you can be sure of the sizing. Too small for a 5year old lol
P2040035

2 comments:

Knitcrazy said...

Oh.. I see now the sizes... Great job on the sweater and your children are so sweet!!!

Penny

sweetp said...

I posted in the pinwheel group on Ravelry :)