Thursday, February 14, 2008

What was I thinking?!

I hate frogging. Truly hate it.
Hours of work. Gone. Just like that. Seems just a tad unfair that one can erase something so quickly.

So what have I frogged?


The baby shrug.


P2060043

Gaaah! I am so mad at myself.

So I didn't use the recommended yarn. I *did* check my gauge. It was off. Just a little bit. Did I go back and change needles? Noooooooooooooooooooo. I looked at the FO's in Ravelry and there was some 'too big' comments. Did I think Hmmmm maybe I should get the right tension. Nooooooooooooooooo. I read about the shrug on other blogs and how it is soooo big. Did I go back and fix my tension? Noooooooooo. I finish the back and measure it on BabyM and its looking a bit big. Did I frog at that point? Noooooooooooooooo

Silly me.

It was heading to be THE biggest baby shrug. Ever. Probably wouldve fit M5 not M6months.

Note to self. Tension IS important. If its not right then fix it.

Sigh.

Anyway I decide perhaps shrug would be a bit warm and I attempt to make up my own 'something else' instead.

I make up this swatch

oct 07 005

I decide its pretty funky and I spend the night knitting a cardigan for M6months. I make it up as I go along and decide I'm doing a pretty good job. Sweeeeet! I entertain ideas of posting said pattern and imagine all the adoring looks little Miss will get when wearing masterpiece her Mother made.

This morning I have a look at said masterpiece. What WAS I thinking?! There is nothing nice about it really.

At this point I'm going to add that I am not feeling well. Some sort of tummy bug and I have been spending the past couple of days feeling dodgy. I now attribute all blame for obvious lack in taste to nasty bugs.


So I frogged it


I hate frogging. Truly hate it.
Hours of work. Gone. Just like that. Seems just a tad unfair that one can erase something so quickly.

Maybe in this case it's better frogged.

1 comment:

Nikki Elisabeth said...

hehehe

Sorry.

If it makes you feel any better then I totally would have kept going with the shrug too. But I wouldn't have frogged it and would have forced older kiddo into it.

Frogging just seems like so much waste of time and effort.

P.S. I just found a dropped stitch in a pair of longies I made. (grrr@ trying to transport stuff on DPNs) Do ya think I'm gonna frog? Nup. Just gonna sew it up. hehe