Friday, August 29, 2008

Best Reads on the KnitBlogosphere this week 1

I've got nothing to show today but other people have.....


Best FO
The February Lady Sweater - I so want to make one. I've already bought wool (hopefully enough...might be close). No doubt you've seen FLS popping up all over the place. It's a very cool pattern and "made to fit a grown ass woman" . Check out the gorgeous one Lucky Knitter made here. I love the colour of the yarn she chose and it looks so nice on.

Funniest FO
Has to go to AtHomeMummyKnits for this. A good lesson for those of us who are loathe to swatch. PS - funny but also very cute photo....not laughing AT you....just feeling your pain ;)

Most interesting FO
Caffaknitted is a new to me blog I stumbled across not long ago. She's making these amazing HenryVIII series of knitted dolls for an exhibition. So far she has made Henry, and his first 3 wives - Katherine of Aragon, Anne Boleyn and Jane Seymour. Anne has to be my favourite so far - very clever. Some people are just uber creative! I can't wait to see how the rest of the wives turn out.

6 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

Well that was fun. I like the dolls too, Anne was funny, off with her head,. LOL

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Thanks for the shout out! We were going for the laugh. The sweater is HUGE :).

Sharonnz said...

What yarn have you chosen for the FLS? I spent an obscenely long time yesterday looking at all sorts of different yarns.

Julie said...

I really love that Feb lady Sweater and it is on my ever increasing list of things to make. Would have been nice to say hello at the Craft 2.0, mind you I would never have recognised you from your blog photo's with all the people there!!!! X

Anonymous said...

Thanks for those links, it's always nice to find new blogs to look at. Anne Boleyn is hilarious!

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid that I too giggled at Andrea's gauge mishap! :D