Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Another slouchy beret

reverie2

This one is Reverie from the latest Knitty. A great little knit - I really like patterns where its really intuitive and you can still make something with pattern while watching TV or being interuppted a million times by the children!

(Please excuse the craptastic self potraits)
reverie4

I used 1.5 balls of scrummy Woolganic (its Australian organic merino) that I got via my yarn mule (thanks Kelly!). Now I wish I'd got more when Kelly ran the co-op because it really was lovely to knit. This colourway is called chilli and its a lovely red red. (you know, not orange red or pink red but just red red). Just lovely.

reverie5

The pattern was written for 4ply at 24st/10cm and since I was using DK at 22st/10cm I just CO for the smaller size of the pattern. Preblocking this looked just right (slouch is good with me) but after I washed it, it grew in size so is a teeny bit big all over. If I did again I'd do a few less repeats before the crown shaping (there's a LOT of fabric back there). Overall I'm pretty pleased though and it will be handy to have a hat that easily covers my ears - as I look outside this morning its definitely autumn now.

I love the spirals!
reverie1

Now I'm sorted for my autumn slouchy berets, I need to think about some gloves!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That turned out great and looks like a fun fall accessory!

Rose Red said...

Mmm, this didn't grab me when I saw it in Knitty but your version might have changed my mind! It's lovely! (and the Woolganic is a great great red isn't it!)

Jo's Place said...

Love it, great colour

Anonymous said...

Very nice :-) Love the spiral pattern :-)

Jen

Bells said...

Fabulous darling! Just gorgeous ! Simply sensational! I must have a beret soon. You are so making me see them differently

Rebecca said...

Stunning!!!! I even dusted the one off i made last year and it is gracing my head today. BUT you are making me want to add to my collection - and i just don't have time!!!!! GAAAAAH!

xx

Heart Felt said...

Looks great, love the colour and you are very pretty. xx

Anonymous said...

It's fabulous! Slouchy berets look so good on you with your long hair. Look forward to seeing what gloves you choose to make...

Claudia Bugh said...

What a fantastic hat and it's a wonderful color on you! Hats and gloves. You can never have enough of either :)