Sunday, March 1, 2009

New Abode

Thank you all for your well wishes on my last post and for reassuring me we aren't the only ones crazy enough to move lots with kids in tow. It's been a busy few days but I think we're 99% settled in already. The unpacking seems to be so much easier and much more fun than the packing up and we're pretty much done. The 1% we haven't got to yet looks like a little pile of 'stuff' in each room - do we REALLY need this? where ARE we going to put this? does she even FIT this anymore? - moving house is a good declutter exercise!

I'll be glad when the last few remaining things are done at the old place. Cleaning (ugh!) "just ...to do now" and picking up the stuff that didn't fit on the truck.... "just one more load" and don't forget the "....." (repeat about 10 times). Once we're finally DONE around there I'll feel like I can really relax here. I for one will be looking forward to having my evenings back for knitting!! More on that next post maybe.

I'm not so sorted for a room by room guided tour but thought I would share some of the colours from the new house.


Blue
BLue
My new kitchen is perfect - lots of storage, all new cabinetry and brand new oven (the easy to clean type), big windowsill for pretty stuff, and lots of things to make life easy. Its also a beautiful blue colour - lovely to have something in colours I would have chosen myself.
I bought myself a coriander plant and a pretty blue pot to put it in as a house warming pressie.

Yellow
Yellow

We picked the lemon tree before we left!

Red
Red

I can report the bath is deep and luxurious. The bathroom also features original leadlight windows (concave and jammed shut though they may be!). Its the little things which give a house a personality.

Purple
Purple

M6's room might just about be my favourite spot in the whole house. Its not a huge room but its north facing, sun streams in all day. It was only right she got the room with purple curtains, framing the purple lavender outside.

Brown
Brown
All our things found a place.

White
White
For the first time in 7 years I don't have to share my bedroom with a cot! (It went in the moving house declutter I mentioned). To celebrate I'd love to give my room a makeover but unfortunately I have a zero budget to do so (our moneysucker car needs 4 new tyres and a whole lot of other 'stuff') - but I did find a brand new unopened white duvet cover set during my unpacking that was a wedding gift.
So its a start at least and since white goes with everything I can keep an eye out for 'bits' (on sale!) and make it a 'work in progress'.

I'll be back tomorrow with some actual knitting content xx

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see you are settled in, and finding places for everyone and everything.

I've been holding off sending that pink cotton till I had your new address (honestly...)

Rose Red said...

Lovely!! Can I please pretty please with sugar on top have your bathroom!! That is GORGEOUS red!!

Normatika said...

great to see that you're settling in... love the pics of your new place.

Suvi said...

Looks like a beautiful home! Congrats!

Cut&Alter said...

Wishing you all the best in your new home. I hope you and your family have lots of fun in it and make lots of great memories. xx

Anonymous said...

The new place looks really lovely. Thanks for the dishcloths, specially love the sheep one. They arrived today :-)

Heart Felt said...

Looks like a lovely place....love the bathroom! xx

Anonymous said...

Welcome home!

Abby said...

It looks like you found a winner. =D

It's a lovely home!

Aunt Kathy said...

For a minutes I thought my laptop colors were mixed up when I saw the first picture and it said blue and my eyes were drawn to the green leaves, lol. I eventually saw the pot, but I was confused.

Love the lemon picture

Anonymous said...

It all looks really lovely Gabes! But have you knit in there yet? :D

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that your move has gone relatively smoothly. The pictures are lovely, and I look forward to being taken on the guided tour!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that your move has gone relatively smoothly. The pictures are lovely, and I look forward to being taken on the guided tour!

Mary said...

Your new house looks beautiful! Congratulations!

Julie said...

Glad to hear that you are settled in and the move went okay. Your kitchen sounds fab and the bathroom is such a cool colour... Hope that you will all be really happy in your new home! X

Nova said...

looks lovely!! wanna swap?? ;)

Unknown said...

Happy home-coming! Love all the colors in the new den. You're so on to it, blogging already!
Lies

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Great to see your new lovely home.Your kitchen and bathroom sounds great with cool color and looks fabulous,your bed room as well.I love your house, I like to have a visit to your house, can I?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful - Photography and house :D

I might have to come down and pay another visit.