Thursday, April 16, 2009

For Bells

For today's post first go read this post at Bell's. Off you go....


Back? Ok then...


May I present The Dead Muppet Fur Cardigan:

Dead Muppet Fur Cardy

My Mum knitted this for my big girl quite a few years ago. Before I was knitting seriously. A very cute pattern I picked out and then Mum had to buy a ridiculous amount of not cheap yarn to make it with. Thanks Mum

Bells, you are right, it is SO soft. And it weighs a tonne, so is very warm. A bit too warm for every day wear but if my kids ever have to go out in sub zero temperatures then this would be the perfect cardigan!

Quick get me out of this thing
Quick get me out of this thing!!


Dead Muppet Fur Cardy 2

I will never be able to look at this cardigan again without imagining a muppet eating crayons and then barfing everywhere. Thanks Bells (and her ever hilarious commenters).

P4161001

Someone else wanted a try on too. Perhaps proof that Muppet road kill can still look pretty cute?


I have to admit my stash doesn't have any novelty yarns in it anymore. My first foray back into knitting again was making scarves out of "Feathers yarn" when they were all the rage. The first Christmas after I started knitting again every female in my family got a feather scarf!

I'm pleased to say I've moved on now and the glitter and the fuzz and the eyelashs don't really do it for me anymore. I'd like to think my taste has matured somewhat but you know , there was this yarn I saw at Spotlight, with sequins in it.......

19 comments:

Bells said...

oh geez this has made my day!! I love it!!!

Oh it's hilarious. Do we even know what that stuff is? Maybe George does. I think she said she used it once too.

Fantastic.

Jennynz said...

Hee hee, that is hilarious! I'm proud to say that I have never had feathers in my stash, or dead muppets. I have got some puffy sort of kiddy acrylic but that was a gift when someone de-stashed so it doesn't count, right? Plus I de-stashed most of that onto my nana last Christmas.

I DO have a feathers scarf though, that Mum made for me a few Christmases ago... probably about the same time that you were madly knitting them for your family LOL

Rose Red said...

LOVE IT!! In fact, I like on your littlest one - that oversized look is so very cute!!

Hee hee, muppet crayon barf!

Sue said...

Oh I think the jacket is super cute on the model. I used to knit those feathery scarves a few years ago now too, but they did make me itch a bit. I have seen the sequin yarn at Spotlight and I am sure Donna knitted Emily a bolero style jacket out of some just a few weeks back. It looked quite nice too.

Anonymous said...

I made a feather's scarf once, when it was all the rage. I think I got the yarn from The Warehouse (where everyone gets a bargin). I may still have it in a dark, dank box hidden from sight somewhere)...

Leonie said...

Oh my the kids are so very cute! And the cardy, a real treasure!!

MadMad said...

Oh, honey, I think the muppets WISH they were as cute as your kids!

roxie said...

Adorable!

Sonia said...

And they can use it to play dress up when someone wants to be Bigfoot or a bear...a very cute, stylish bear...

Abby said...

That's the exact same yarn. How funny. =) I can say that I never bought any fun fur, although I do have some so-so acrylics from when I first started knitting (And thought it would be a cheap hobby!).

Connie, the daisyhead said...

Oh, my goodness! All this laughing with a UTI is not a good combination. But the laugh is worth it!

I'll have to think back through my old FO's (used to be bad about photographing my work so it is now forgotten). I wonder what scary objects I made? I'll get back to you on that...

Unknown said...

I've sworn off novelty yarns too - but the sequins did catch my eye!

Heart Felt said...

Very Cute!!! xx

Mary said...

Your daughters look incredibly cute in the muppet barf sweater! I love their smiles. Thanks for the laugh!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

This post made me laugh and blush. I so have a natural inclination to the tacky. I really have to work to overcome it :)))) So, yes, there are a few novelty yarn projects in my past AND occasionally worn. Gasp.

Anonymous said...

It's kind of like a muppet barfed on a yeti, isn't it? The oversized look is definitely a winner, your kids are adorable.

Although I am cringing, as a new knitter who currently has a novelty yarn project on the go (it's funny 'cos it's true!).

Jen said...

Love it! I must admit every time I get a new Spotlight catalogue in the mail, I'm astounded by the weirdness of some of their yarns.
Crayon-filled muppet barf...tehehehe...

J

Kris said...

All of my fun fur went to my teenage daughter, including some I had picked out to make a scarf for myself (in what I can only assume was a moment of insanity).

The yarn became an ugly doll instead. We're both much happier.

Mama Bird said...

This is so funny!

I have banned Grans from all novelty yarns- I remember that feather yarn, I still have a bluey green scarf floating around :insert-spewing-icon-here:

We must have been re-enthused about knitting at the same time.