Saturday, June 6, 2009

Good

Good day yesterday. There was a certain craft fair happening in town and I may have happened to buy some yarn. Nice yarn! (always the making for a good day).

Morning Sky

Needlefood is a newcomer to the hand dyed sock yarn market here and their yarn is just lovely. I oohed and aahed over their stall for an embarrassingly long time and finally settled on a skein of "Morning Sky". However it wasn't until I got home I realised I'd grabbed 5ply/sport instead of 4ply/sock! It's lovely though - wool/silk/bamboo and delightfully soft and silky. My queue just had a whole lot of sport weight sock patterns added to it. If you have any recommendations please let me know!

I also enjoyed meeting up with Nikki and whilst there was no knitting action this time it was great to see her for a coffee (or sugar sachets if you are M1) and a catch up.

A good evening spent with a friend - dessert, knitting and Edward Cullen.

Other good things -

The New Moon trailer is up and its good and I really want it to be November already.

Also if you are a Sendak fan then check out this link on the Mochimochiland blog for the trailer for Where the Wild Things Are. Its looking good too! Can't wait. Oh and don't forget the next Harry Potter movie - only have to wait until July for that one. There are 2 excellent trailers HERE . (Apparently I like movies based on kids books lol)

My little crocodile fan is loving the look of this pattern for.... knit crocodiles!!! I think I may have to oblige her on that one, so cute.

I'm off to spend a couple of hours on my own today. After 2 weeks suffering cabin fever with 2 sicky kids, an hour or two of child free time is going to be very very good indeed.

I hope you're having a good weekend too xx

11 comments:

Rose Red said...

sounds like you are having a most excellent weekend! hurrah for new yarny purchases! I've oohed and aaahed over the Needlefood website a few times - how lucky to be able to fondle in person!

Melissa said...

Oh a lovely weekend! I have me some Needlefood yarn and it is gorgeous.

Ange said...

The WTWTA trailer looks fantastic!! Excitement levels are through the roof in this house ...

Suvi said...

Sounds like a good weekend! Lovely yarn!

Skein said...

I love that yarn! Sounds like the perfect weekend.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend hun!

Normatika said...

Hi, I've nominated you for the "One Lovely Blog Award"... have a great day!

Cloudberry said...

Beautiful yarn!

At Home Mommy Knits said...

I hope you enjoy your time to yourself. I am sneaking off for a few days this week without the kids for a little R&R myself :)

Heart Felt said...

What a great weekend.....I have tagged you for a meme if you feel up to it (it's rather a long one) xx

Lynne said...

Beautiful colours - and wool/silk/bamboo sounds supersoft and luxurious!